A car seat cover can help protect the interior of your car and keep it in top notch condition for longer. Car seat covers can safeguard your seats from spills, dirt, mud, and sweat. They come in a variety of materials, including leather, faux leather, microfiber, neoprene, and more. Each of these materials offers their own benefits and features. For example, leather offers superior protection and feel, while neoprene provides superior waterproof protection. Some car seat covers are fitted especially for the make and model of your car, while others are universally sized and can fit on most (if not all) types of seats.
We looked at dozens of car seat covers in order to find the best, highest-quality, and most comfortable car seat covers at any budget, based on factors such as quality of materials, Amazon ratings, and other considerations. We narrowed our search down to five of the top-rated car seat covers that are on the market today.
Ultra comfortable car seat covers made with heavy-duty materials.
We’ve identified the EDEALYN Driver and Passenger Seat Cover as the best car seat cover overall. Made with high-quality, heavy-duty leatherette, these seat covers are ultra-durable without sacrificing comfort. These features, coupled with the fact that it is super easy to install and offers great protection against dirt and spills, make it an excellent choice for smart buyers.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Car Seat Covers
|Best Overall||EDEALYN Driver and Passenger Seat Cover||4.6|
|Runner Up||BarksBar Pet Front Seat Cover for Cars||4.7|
|Best Budget Buy||FH Group Universal Fit Flat Cloth Pair Bucket Seat Cover||3.7|
|Best Leather Car Seat Cover||Leader Accessories Faux Leather Seat Cover||4.5|
|Best Heated Car Seat Cover||OxGord Heated Car Seat Cushion||4.4|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Our Top Pick:
EDEALYN Driver and Passenger Seat Cover
The EDEALYN Driver and Passenger Seat Cover is another option that checks all the boxes. This cover is made of heavy-duty leatherette. The interior of the cover is made of high-elasticity sponge and heat-insulated cloth, so it’s super comfortable to sit on for long periods of time. Non-slip silicone is added to the bottom so the seat cover stays in place wherever you put in. In addition, the seat cover includes straps that keep the seat in place, no matter the wear and tear. It features a super easy installation.
Unlike covers that slip on over the entire seat, this cover is compatible with side airbags. It allows for integrated airbag compatibility, so you don’t need to worry about your airbags malfunctioning in a crash.
Reviewers love that the cover keeps their seats protected from dirt and spills. It’s even strong enough to prevent rips and tears from dog nails. Reviewers also like that that the seat cover doesn’t skid on the seat once it’s installed. They also like that it comes in 19 colors so they can find a true match for their seats. They also say that the universal design fits their car well.
EDEALYN Driver and Passenger Seat Cover Key Features:
- Exterior is made with leatherette
- Interior is made with heat-insulated cloth and comfortable sponge
- Non-slip silicone keeps the cover in place
- Allows integrated airbag compatibility
- Easy installation
- Fits most make and model of cars
- Side to side fastening straps for more secure fit
- Comes in 19 colors to match your car’s interior
Our Runner Up Pick: BarksBar Pet Front Seat Cover for Cars
A waterproof car seat cover that will keep your car looking new and clean for longer.
Another amazing option is the BarksBar Pet Front Seat Cover for Cars. This car seat cover is made with high-quality heavy-duty polyester for durability. It’s triple layered to make it ultra-waterproof. It features a quilted pattern that provides high-end comfort. Its built-in rubber nonslip backing and seat anchors prevent it from sliding around once installed. It also will never stain your seats because it’s designed with color-fast material that prevents color bleeding. It’s very easy to install and even easier to clean. You can throw it into your washing machine and use the gentle cycle.
Reviewers love that it stays in place. You simply connect it to the seat in four different places. They also like that it’s comfortable to sit on and extremely waterproof. Reviewers report that it works great for pets. It protects their seats from their dog’s nails, their dirty paws, and stinky smells.
BarksBar Pet Front Seat Cover for Cars Key Features:
- Triple layered waterproof protection
- Rubber nonslip backing and seat anchors to prevent cover from sliding
- Color-fast material to prevent color bleeding
- Machine washable
- Easy to install
Best Budget Pick: FH Group Universal Fit Flat Cloth Pair Bucket Seat Cover
For buyers who don’t want to sacrifice quality for price, the FH Group Universal Fit Flat Cloth Pair Bucket Seat Cover comes highly recommended.
At just $11.51, the FH Group Universal Fit Flat Cloth Pair Bucket Seat Cover is the best car seat cover for budget-friendly buyers who don’t want to sacrifice quality for price. It features a bold design with colorful blocks of color. The seat covers feature high-quality fabric with three millimeters of breathable foam. This foam helps disperse heat and keep you feeling cool even during long drives. The cover stays in place due to its concealed Velcro opening and adjustable straps. These features make installation, removal, and reattachment a breeze. The cover also features a universal fit, allowing it to work for most vehicle seats. For added convenience, the seat covers can be machine washed and air dried. Despite the low price, this set comes with covers for two bucket seats and two headrest covers.
Reviewers love that the car seat covers are easy to install. They also like that it’s a great value for the price. Reviewers also love that the covers are machine washable so they’re easy to clean. They report that the universal fit works well for many different make and models. In fact, one reviewer wrote that they fit his truck “like a glove.”
FH Group Universal Fit Flat Cloth Pair Bucket Seat Cover Key Features:
- Made with high-quality fabric with three millimeters of breathable foam
- Concealed Velcro opening and adjustable straps
- Universal fit
- Includes covers for two bucket seat and two headrest covers
- Comes in ten colors
Best Leather Car Seat Cover: Leader Accessories Faux Leather Seat Cover
The Leader Accessories Faux Leather Seat Cover blends function and style.
If you’re looking for a leather car seat cover, the Leader Accessories Faux Leather Seat Cover is your best bet. It’s made with faux leather so no animals were hurt in the process of creating the covers, but it offers all the benefits of real leather. It’s made with soft perforated faux leather with three millimeter foam padding that’s water resistant, durable, and breathable. It’s super easy to clean. Simply wipe clean and air dry. The seat covered are universally sized so that they fit most make and model of cars. They back an elastic opening on the top to help you put them on and take them off easily and are intended for both high back and low back seats. They are also side airbag compatible. They also feature a pocket for storage on the back of the seat.
Reviewers love that the top fits over the seat’s headrest and lies over the seat. Not only does this make taking the cover on and off easier, it also allows the cover to fit most make and models with ease. Reviewers also like that the nonslip underside allowed them to get in and out of the car without the seat cover bunching up or sliding in any way. Lastly, reviewers also like that the cover is about safety first. It provides ample seat coverage, but also doesn’t obstruct the airbags located on the side of the seat.
Leader Accessories Faux Leather Seat Cover Key Features:
- Made with faux leather with three millimeter foam padding
- Universally sized so it fits most make and models
- Elastic opening on the top to make install easy
- Storage pocket on the back of the seat cover
- Comes in ten colors
Best Heated Car Seat Cover: OxGord Heated Car Seat Cushion
The OxGord Heated Car Seat Cushion is the best heated car seat cover and provides lumbar support.
If you’re looking for a heated car seat cover, the OxGord Heated Car Seat Cushion will not disappoint. It features interior coils that provide an even heated distribution to both the seat and bottom and back. It also helps protect your car seat from dust, dirt, and other debris. It’s made with velour cushioning with additional lumbar support, making incredibly comfortable even during long drives. Its padded cushion plus heat feature helps relieve back pain and soreness. It’s also highly customizable, featuring multiple settings with heat reaching up 114 degrees. It’s easy to install. Simply place the cushion onto your car seat and fasten the elastic straps and hooks to keep in place. It operate, simply plug into your vehicles cigarette lighter socket and turn on. Due to its universal sizing, it works with all cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs. Lastly, you don’t have to worry about it breaking as it includes a one year limited warranty.
Reviewers love that the product works well, keeping them warm even in the ice and snow. They also like the value of the seat cover for the price. They feel that similar products are much more expensive, while this one does its job exceptionally well, only just at a lower price point.
OxGord Heated Car Seat Cushion Key Features:
- Interior coils that provide an even heated distribution to both the seat and bottom and back
- Velour cushioning with additional lumbar support
- Elastic straps and hooks keep the cover in place
- Works with all cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs
- Includes a one year limited warranty
Who Should Buy a Car Seat Cover
Anyone who drives a car can use a car seat cover. It can protect your vehicle’s seat from from spills, dirt, mud, and sweat. Car seat covers can keep the interior of your car looking new for longer. Car seat covers are great if you love your car and plan on driving it forever. You can get more mileage out of your car if the seats are kept in better condition.
Car seat covers also come in handy if you plan on trading in your car in a few years or if you’re driving a leased vehicle that must be returned after your lease terms. When the interior of your car looks great, you’ll get more on a trade in and won’t be dinged with expensive damage costs at the end of your lease. You should also check out our review of the best wheel covers to keep your car looking sharp on the inside and out.
Car seat covers are especially great for anyone who puts a lot of wear and tear on your car. If you frequently bring pets into your vehicle, their nails can scratch up your seats and spread a lot of dirt and hair around the interior. Likewise, if you work (or play) in dirty environments and get sweaty and dirty, that muck can transfer onto your seats. Lastly, eating in the car can create spills and stains on your seats that can be hard to clean. In any of these cases, a car seat cover can protect your seats from the heavy-duty wear and tear.
Ultra comfortable car seat covers made with heavy-duty materials.
Important Features to Consider
A car seat cover should be comfortable and sturdy enough to protect your car seat from spills, dirt, and debris. Here’s what to consider when selecting a car seat cover:
- Quality of materials. Choose a car seat in a highly durable material, such as leather, faux leather, PU, neoprene, or microfiber. You’ll need to ensure that the material is sturdy enough to stand up to daily use and protect your car seat from spills, dirt, and debris. You can typically get an idea of the quality of the fabric of a product from reading reviews of prior customers.
- Side airbag compatibility. If you have side airbags in your front seats, you will need to purchase a seat cover that is compatible with side airbags. Most covers that simply cover the front of the seat and do not slip over the entire seat are side airbag compatible, but it’s important to check with the manufacturer.
- Machine washable. If you plan on traveling with pets or putting your car through heavy wear and tear, it’s important that you choose a car seat cover that can be easily removed and machine washable.
- Waterproofing. If you want superior protection against rain, mud, or sweat, you should choose a seat cover with superior waterproofing. Neoprene seat covers offer nearly 100% waterproofing and are fairly easy to maintain and install.
- Size. Many seat covers are universally sized so that they fit most car make and models. If you choose one that is particularly sized, you’ll need to ensure that it fits the type of car you have.
- Type of seat. You’ll also need to ensure that the cover fits the type of seat you have in your car. Some car seat covers only fit bucket seats with a removable headrest, while others are intended for captain style seats. Furthermore, some types of car seat covers are intended for front seats, while others are intended for back seats. You’ll also need to consider things like seat belt placement, armrests, and built-in screens or DVD players and ensure that the seat cover you choose is compatible with these amenities.
- Heated or not heated? A heated car seat cover provides you with the best of both worlds: a car seat cover that will protect your seats from wear and tear and a heated seat that will keep your warm in the colder months. If you already have heated seats, you won’t need to invest in this feature. However, you will need to ensure that the cover you choose is compatible with heated seats.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size car seat covers do I need?
Many car seat covers are universally sized, which means that they fit most make and models of cars. If you choose a car seat cover that is specifically sized, you’ll need to ensure it fits your car. We’ll list a few common sizes, but in order to be completely sure the car seat cover you choose fits your car, you may need to check with the manufacturer of the car seat cover. Size 90 is intended for a front high backbench car seat. Size 06/06H allows for adjustable headrests, but doesn’t permit armrests or folding seats. Size A or size 301 is most often used in vans. Size 30A is recommended for built-in airbags. Size B or size 401 is ideal for front bucket seats and ¾ benches.
Can you put seat covers on heated leather seats?
Most seat covers are compatible with heated seats. However, to ensure you purchase the right car seat cover from the onset, it’s important to check with the manufacturer. Make that the material of the car seat cover will not be affected with the heat from the seats and that you will still be able to feel the toastiness of your heated seats through the cover.
How can I protect my car seat from a child car seat?
Child car seats can wreck havoc on your car’s interior. They’re installed tightly, which can dent your seat. Plus, your child will likely eat and drink in their seat, causing spills and debris to fall onto your car’s interior. To protect your seat, you can install a car seat cover underneath your child’s car seat. Just insure that the car seat cover is compatible with your child’s car seat and will not impact the safety of the car seat. You’ll need to ensure that the LATCH system is still accessible and that the car seat fits snugly accordingly to safety regulations.
How do I protect my leather car seats from the sun?
You can protect your leather car seats from the sun by using a car seat cover that will provide a barrier between the sun and your leather seats. You can also keep your leather seats out of the sun and keep the interior of your car safe from heat by parking in the shade whenever possible and using a windshield sun protector whenever you can’t.
Other Car Seat Covers We Reviewed
Ultra comfortable car seat covers made with heavy-duty materials.
We looked at 20 other car seat covers. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best car seat covers list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for your vehicle. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
Fabric Car Seat Covers
This car seat cover features a universal, form-fit design that easily fits most car seats. With an adjustable, lock-tight buckle strap and non-slip silicone surface, the cover always stays exactly in place.
- Machine washable and bacteria resistant
- One step installation
- Breathable and comfortable
Made from soft, breathable suede fabric, this car seat cover features a universal sizing that fits most cars, vans, and SUVs. It’s machine washable to make cleanup a breeze.
- Anti-slip backing keep the cover in place
- Comes in six colors to match your car’s interior
- 100% money back guarantee
Unlike nylon seat protectors, this neoprene material is more comfortable to sit on and won’t stick to skin in the heat. It’s also virtually 100% waterproof.
- Universal sizing fits most cars, vans, and SUVs
- Will not slip, slide, or bunch
- 100% lifetime money-back guarantee
This car seat cover is always at the right temperature, keeping you cool on hot days and keeping you warm on cold days. It’s made with microfiber with a silicon skidless bottom that keeps the cover in place.
- Universal design is intended for front and back seat models
- Machine washable and dryable
- Comes with a mesh bag for easy storage when not needed
Thick, stretchable, and waterproof, these neoprene seat covers are 100% waterproof and designed for virtually any vehicle. They feature a side-less design that fully accommodates side airbags.
- Easy three step install
- Modern, chevron design with gray accent stitching
- Neoprene provides the longest-lasting protection and stand up to the toughest wear and tear
This set of seat covers includes two front bucket covers, one rear bench, and four headrest covers. Its universal application fits almost all seats for all make and models of cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs.
- Durable stretchy fabric with back pocket for storage
- Machine washable, air dry
- Comes in 16 colors to match any interior
These seat covers are made from durable, comfortable, and breathable 3D air mesh fabric. They’re easy to clean and maintain; just machine wash and air dry.
- Set includes two front seat covers, one rear backrest cover, one rear bottom bench cover, and two separate headrest covers
- Universal sizing fits almost all seats (but not compatible with side airbags)
- Comes in 16 fun and bold colors
Made of premium saddle blanket material and breathable three millimeter foam padding, this car seat cover disperses heat and keeps you feeling cool even in the heat. It fits most seats with built-in or adjustable headrests.
- Includes two-piece front seat covers and two-piece safety seat belt pad protectors
- Comes in five fun patterns
- 30 day warranty
Featuring a sideless design, this car seat cover is 100% compatible with airbag, side armrest, and all types of seat belts. It’s made with 100% waterproof neoprene for total protection against spills, dirt, and other messes.
- Compatible with most sedans, SUVs, vans, and trucks
- Comes in black with beige stitching and black with red stitching
- Installation is easy; just slip-on and buckle
Leather Car Seat Covers
This car seat cover is made with PU leather featuring “ice silk” technology that gives a smooth and cozy feeling. Elastic straps keep the cover securely wrapped around your car seats without slipping.
- Small pockets connected with driver and passenger seat covers for easy storage
- Comes in 17 colors to match any car interior
- 18 months warranty and satisfaction guarantee
Equipped with thick, premium high-density foam, this car seat cover hold its shape and keeps it from flattening out or wearing unevenly. A non-slip silicone interior keeps the cover in place to avoid bunching or moving.
- Side-less design allows airbag compatibility
- Accommodates traditional and heated seats
- Comes in twenty color combinations
This car seat cover set includes two-piece front seat cushion, two-piece back row backrest, back row seat cushion,and rear armrest box pad. It’s made with PU leather that’s warm in the winter, and cool in the summer.
- Eco-friendly material is durable and stain resistant
- Compatible with car seat heating, ventilation, and air bag function
- Universal sizing fits most cars and SUVs
Made with soft perforated faux leather with three millimeter foam padding, these car seat covers are wear resistant, durable, and breathable. They’re also easy to clean; just wipe clean and air dry.
- Side airbag compatible will not keep airbags from deploying
- Adjustable straps to ensure that seat cover fits most car, truck, and SUV models
- Includes a back pocket for storage
Made with waterproof PU leather on the exterior and elastic sponge on the interior, this car seat cover features a smooth and delicate feeling. It’s antibacterial, has a soft texture, and can easily be wiped clean with water.
- Fits most vehicles with five seats
- Set includes two-piece front seats cover and three-piece rear seat cover
- Comes in red, black, or beige
This car seat cover features a sideless design that allows integrated airbag compatibility and supports built-in seatbelts. It features a concealed velcro opening and adjustable straps to make installation, removal, and reattachment easy as pie.
- Non-slip backing keeps cushions in place
- Water resistant material can be wiped clean with damp cloth
- Come in two color combinations: gray and black, and beige and tan
This set of car seat covers include everything you need for a comfortable drive: two front bucket covers, one rear backrest cover, one rear bottom bench cover, two neck pillows, and two lumbar pillows. Made with leatherette material and high rebound sponge, these seat covers are water resistant and breathable.
- Side airbag compatible
- Easy installation
- Edge wrapping design makes it even more non-slip
Heated Car Seat Covers
This car seat cover features high, medium and low settings and can heat up to 120 degrees in just three minutes. It’s made with breathable thick polyester fabric for added comfort, even on long drives.
- 45 minute timer
- Designed to be non-slip on all surfaces so it stays in place
- Universal fit for most vehicles with a DC 12V outlet
Made with soft velour, this car seat cover feels luxurious and provides ultimate comfort and warmth. It features three heating pads in the back and seat area.
- Two heating levels: 114 degrees for the low level and 131 degrees for the high level
- Non-slip bottom and elastic straps keep it in place
- 30 day money back guarantee
This seat cover is universal fit that attaches securely to your car, truck, SUV or even RVs. It’s so versatile, it can also be used all around your home or office keeping you warm and offering relief from tired and sore muscles.
- Hi-tech heating fabric uses heating technology that’s built into the fabric
- Light and portable, so it’s easy to take from one car to another
- 30 or 60 minute timer with automatic shut off
This seat cover features both cooling and heating technology. The cooling function has a powerful air intake car fan that sucks in the air and recycles it to the whole seat. The heating function features two built-in heating pads in the back and seat area.
- Non-slip rubber bottom keeps cushion in place
- Made with 3D breathable mesh
- Automatic shut off after 30 minutes